A maximum of five inductees, living and posthumously, will be selected with each induction by a special 4 member committee made up of school alumni, and community members. This induction currently coincides with Zionsville Alumni Association’s recurring All Class Reunion which is presently taking place every three years in July.
Nominations will be accepted from the Hall of Fame committee members, as well as Zionsville residents, faculty, students, graduates, and interested individuals.
l. The Hall of Fame Committee sends a letter to the local newspapers requesting nominations from the community. Letters soliciting nominations are sent in early April with applications due May 31 with the candidates being selected in June.
2. Copies of this newsletter are sent to the contact people who organize the various class reunions.
If you are interested in submitting a nomination please include the following information:
- Name of nominee for Soaring Eagle Hall of Fame Award:
- Year graduated:
- Current mailing address, phone and fax number, and e-mail:
- Factual information explaining the reason for nomination or aspects for recognition:
- public/community service
- business/career achievement
- academic, school administration, athletic related
- military, government, municipal service
- charitable philanthropy
- contributions to Zionsville schools/students
Please send to:
Hall of Fame Committee
Attn: Ralph W. Stacy
Zionsville, IN 46077
Not every person nominated can be selected for the Hall of Fame. A nominating selection committee reviews the nominations and biographical data received on each of the nominees, and, based on the committee’s decisions, nominees are selected for induction. The selection process takes hours and hours of reading, discussing and reviewing before final selections are made. Nominees who are not selected in one year may be nominated again.